Protect Your Business Against The Economic Doomsday!
Sources: Google, D&B, Bing
- 97% of American internet users use the internet to
- Most online business searches result in offline purchases
- A consumer that find you online are more likely to follow up with a phone call or purchase
- 73% of online activity is related to local content
- 61% of major newspapers are failing
- Most Americans no longer use phone books
- 35% of all searches are local
Your Business Needs to be Online NOW!
“Your Customers are Looking for You Online, But Can They Find You?”
Do you realize how many people are searching for you online?
These days finding products and services businesses locally is done via the internet. Thanks to local search tools, real, local businesses are increasingly visible to local customers online.
Important Statistic: 61% of local searches result in purchases. Almost 2/3 of customers using local search will go on to buy! The fastest-growing segment of the internet is over the age of 50.
You are Crazy Not to Be Part of This Revolution!
When people search for a local business online, they are more than likely to buy right away. But what if they can’t find you?
The proof is in the pudding!…go to Google.com and types in something you think a potential customer of yours would be looking for. If your website doesn’t show up on page 1 of Google, then the answer is.
You are a LOSER! Because Nobody Can Find You!
Your competition and NOT you ARE on page 1 and get ALL of your business.
Let’s cut to the chase…
- Local search is here to stay.
- It’s a trend that, if embraced, can significantly fuel the growth of your local business.
- It can open the doors to every customer located within the area you service at little or no cost.
So Let’s Get Started With The List!
This is important whether you have a website or not; this is the cornerstone of your strategy.
Let’s look at the best ways you can make your website more effective, so you profit more.
Get a Website
- Welcome to the show! We are in a brave new world, and people are going online to find what they are looking for.
- The Yellow Pages are dying. Same with newspapers. (I don’t use them anymore, do you?)
- Radio and TV ads are expensive, and they are not targeted.
- 78% of people go online to find what they are looking for.
- Only 1-3% use the Yellow Pages anymore.
- The old ways just aren’t working as well as they used to.
Git –Er-Done! Getting Your Website Made is Easy
Most people go to an expensive web designer to get their site built. Usually, they are walking funny for a week because of how expensive it was and how light their wallet has become!
Web designers go overboard on design to make the site pretty. They might look great, but most of the time, they don’t help to get your phone to ring or get customers through the door, which means no money in the business owner’s pocket. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have a website that makes me money instead of a fancy-shiny site that doesn’t help me profit and grow my business.
I’ll go into more depth about this later on in this report.
Important Website Tips
Why do you even have a site?– The reason for a site is to get your potential customers to take some form of action that you want them to. You want them to pick up their phone and call or email you or visit your business.
- The site should build trust.
- Provide education and answer the questions most people have.
- Establish credibility and establish you as an expert in your industry.
Contact Information – You should have your contact info located on EVERY page. This might be obvious to some of you, but the truth is that most forget this simple one.
- At the very least, put your phone number and email address on every page (top right corner is best).
- Every page! It is important to have your phone number and email. You want to make it very easy for your potential customers to get hold of you when they are ready to.
- A good way to do this is to include your contact info in the footer (very bottom part) of your site or have your info in the header (header is the best location).
Don’t Use Flash and Java – Flash and Java are for animated pictures and other design elements.
- Most web designers LOVE to use them and will recommend them. There is a huge drawback to this. The problem is, they slow down the load time of the webpage. And remember what I said, people have a very short attention span when surfing the web. If your site takes too long to load, some people will leave. But more importantly, Google and the other search engines don’t always work well with Flash and Java, so your pages might get ignored, and we DON’T want that!!!
Customers Testimonials – You should make it a priority and a routine process to ask for and collect customer testimonials. You should be putting these testimonials on your website!
- Testimonials build strong social proof and will boost the marketing of your business. Potential customers believe and trust a third party more than they would if you said the same thing.
Clear Call To Action – You want to have some form of a call to action on your site.
- A Strong and clear call to action will give your visitors a reason to contact you now instead of later. Offer them some sort of discount or a free gift to get them to take action right now.
Track Your Visitors With Analytics – You can track all of the traffic that your website gets. Where they came from, how long they stayed, where they went, how many times they came back.
- Google Analytics is a great free tool. All you do is copy and paste a code snippet onto the page you want to track. It’s what I personally use.
- Here is the link to get your own account so you can start tracking… Google Analytics – https://www.Google.com/analytics
Have your web guy/gal install the code on the pages you want to track. Or get in touch with me, and I will help you out.
Lead Capture – Capture Visitors Contact Info – Do you currently capture leads on your site? Let me ask you, do you think it would be beneficial to your business if you had a list of the names and email addresses of the people that came to your site that you could email whenever you wanted?
- This is an incredible way to BOOST sales! Offer a free report or coupon if someone fills out a little contact form on your site. It works like a charm!
- This is one of my favorite marketing strategies. And it’s easy to do.
- It is simple to put an opt-in form on your website. People put in their name and email address into the opt-in form, and it gets sent to you.
The deeper reason you should be capturing their contact info….when prospects come to your site, and for whatever reason, they just aren’t ready to buy, if you get their email address, you can follow up with them. You can then send them emails to educate them, establish your credibility, make offers, and start to build a relationship with them. So when they are finally ready to buy, they will buy from you because of the relationship you built with them.
If this is something you are interested in, get in touch with me. I can handle everything for you. I’ll create the emails, maintain the database, email your list whenever you want, put an opt-in form on your site, give you monthly reports on how many people opened your emails, I handle everything.
- Purpose – Get people to take action, build trust, answer questions, brand you as the expert.
- Contact Information – Put it on every page.
- Don’t Use Flash or Java – Slows download times.
- Testimonials – Social proof.
- Call To Action – Get your visitors to call, email, or visit you.
- Track Your Visitors – Track how much traffic you get and from where.
- Capture Your Visitors Contact Info – You can stay in touch with them.
Search Engine Results (SEO)
What Are Natural Search Results?
When people are looking for a product or service, they go online and use a search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) to find what they are looking for. The results that show up are called natural results. The higher your site is ranked, the more traffic you will get. The more traffic you get, the more money you make-assuming you can convert that traffic.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via “natural” search results. Optimizing your website, blogs, articles, etc. so they rank higher in the natural search results.
Why Is Getting Ranked High Important?
- Searchers rarely go beyond page 1 of the search results.
- If you are not on page 1, most people will never find your site.
- If most people never find your site, then your website obviously isn’t doing anything to help put money in your pocket.
- If your competitors are on page 1 or just ranked higher than you, THEY will get the traffic, and THEY will make more money.
Before I go any further, you need to know what a keyword is. Keywords are words or phrases used by people searching online to describe what they hope to find when performing their search.
For example, if someone in Tampa needs plumbing work done, they go online and type in the search term Tampa plumber. So the keyword phrase is Tampa plumber.
Ok, back to natural search results and ranking.
Ranking Factors – How To Rank Higher
- Natural results are about relevancy. Is it relevant to what the searcher is looking for? The more relevant you are, the more you show up.
- Your content congruency/consistency.
- Keyword phrase in your page title.
- Keyword used in page link/URL.
- The keyword worked into content (keyword density).
- A big part of SEO is getting backlinks. More importantly, quality backlinks. A backlink is when a link to your website is posted on another website. That site is linking back to your site.
There are a ton of ways to get backlinks. Articles, classified ad sites, directory listings, blogs, videos, social bookmarks, web 2.0 sites.
Two Things To Keep In Mind In Regards To Backlinks
- Quality of backlinks: Remember, I said it’s important to get quality backlinks. And to do that, it’s all about relevancy and the strength of the backlinks.
- Strength of backlink: Each page is assigned a PageRank (PR) by Google. It ranges from 0-10, with 10 being the highest. So the higher the PR of the page giving the backlink, the better quality the backlink is. How many other backlinks are on the page also factor in the quality of the backlink.
- Relevancy – The more relevant you are, the more you show up.
- Keywords – Make sure to use your keywords properly. Page title, worked into your content, in your URL and links, density.
- SEO – The process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via “natural” search results.
- Backlinks – Getting quality backlinks is very important in SEO. You can get links from posting videos, writing articles, directories, web 2.0 sites, etc.
Pay Per Click (PPC) aka Google AdWords
Do you know what Pay Per Click is?
- Pay Per Click advertising are ads that appear next to relevant search results on search engines. When someone clicks on the ad, the person/company that put the ad there is charged money.
- Each click can cost anywhere from 5 cents to $20+.
- Google AdWords is the most widely used form of PPC.
What is special about PPC and AdWords?
- Reach audiences at the very moment they are expressing interest in your products or services.
- Target customers only in geographic locations where you do business.
- By zip code
- By metro area
- By city
- By state
- Within a certain radius of your address
- Know when your advertising dollars are working…and when they are not.
- Change your campaigns quickly, easily, and whenever you want.
- Get your ads up and running in minutes.
- Drive traffic to your site!
Where do I find Google AdWords? – http://www/Google.com/adwords
WARNING: If you don’t know what you are doing, you can get charged high click rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to do this.
Don’t overpay. Some people may be paying $1 per click while others are paying $4 per click.
If you want to use AdWords but don’t want to chance to pay more for clicks than you have to, want something that’s hands-off, then contact me, and I can run your AdWords campaign for you for a monthly fee.
You want to submit your business information to directories. Both local and big ones like Google Local and Yahoo Local.
This will help with backlinks and getting your name and information out there. So make sure to include your website URL when submitting all of your information.
The more information you submit to Google and Yahoo Local, the higher up you can rank. So make sure to add things like pictures, videos, testimonials, etc.
Directory Listing Sites
Google – https://www.google.com/local/add
Yahoo Local – http://listings.local.yahoo.com
Bing – http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmasters/?FORM=ZZLH2
Kudzu – http://bizsuccess.kudzu.com
Super Pages – http://www.SuperPages.com
Yellow Pages – http://www.YellowPages.com
OpenList – http://www.openlist.com/update
City Search – http://tampa.citysearch.com
Insider Pages – http://www.insiderpages.com/advertiser
InfoUSA – http://www.infoUSA.com
Cmac.ws – http://www.cmac.ws
Best Of The Web Local – http://local.botw.org
Merchant Circle – http://www.merchantcircle.com
DMOZ – http://www.dmoz.org
You Need a Marketing Professional
Having a website that no one can find is a complete waste of time and money?
You risk that if you just pay some web designer for a website and throw it up on the internet. “Set it and forget it” does not work.
Your site has to be properly built AND marketed properly, so people will find it. The only way to do that is by knowing how to do roofing SEO and PPC to get traffic to your website. Because without traffic, your site is useless.
Once the Traffic Starts to Flow, You Can Cash-In!
The truth is, you could do all of that yourself, but why would you? Especially when you save your time AND you make more money.
Use Your Brain!
Again, the only way to get that traffic is to work with someone who knows what they are doing.
Online marketing is a full-time job. It’s not something you learn in a few hours. So it’s important to work with someone who knows exactly how to take your offline business and market it properly online.
You Have Choices to Make
- Spend hours and hours trying to figure this stuff out on your own.
- In the process, wasting money if you happen to mess something up.
- Worse, the amount of time you will have wasted if you do happen to mess something up. The time you’ll never get back.
- Deal with trial and error.
- Do your own keyword research.
- Run your own AdWords campaigns.
- Cross your fingers, hoping all of your hard work pays off.
- Do nothing.
- Just keep doing what you’ve been doing.
- “If you keep doing what you’ve done, you’ll keep getting what you get.”
- Let your competitors take business from you.
- Remember, just having a website and nothing else is not enough.
Hire My Team To Do Everything For You
- SEO – Backlinks, Articles, Classifieds
- PPC Campaign Management
- Directory Submissions
- Article Marketing
- Website Design
- Website Optimization
- Email List Building
- Web 2.0 Sites – Squidoo, Blogs, HubPages
- Video Creation and Marketing
- Social Networking Setup – Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
- Content Creation – For blogs, websites, articles, etc.
- General Marketing Consulting
- 95% of the work is done for you.
- Frees up your time so you can work on YOUR business, which is what you do best.
- You don’t need to learn anything new.
- Working with a marketing expert that has 16+ years of experience.
- Generate more traffic to your website.
- More traffic means more money.
- More money means you can invest back into your business, take time off, buy toys, enjoy your business because it’s profitable
What To Do Next
Schedule a Strategy Session
90% of online commercial searches result in local offline purchases.
61% of all local searches result in a transaction.
Is This An Opportunity You Can Afford To Miss?
“When Local Customers Search For NICHE Service, Do They Find You?”