Want your business to be seen on Google? Of course, you do, every company does. But, there are some things that work, and others that won’t work, as it relates to you being seen online. What approach should you take when trying to become a leader on Google and outperform your competitors in Google searches? Well, these are three surefire ways to get found on the first page results of Google, regardless of the size of Roofing company.
1. Pay for Google Search Ads
How to Use Ads to Get to the Top of Google
Yes, getting your page to show up on the first page results of Google organically is free. But, this takes time. And, more often than not, when you want to outrank the competitors in your area, this is not something you have. Therefore, you can purchase ads which Google will place atop the organic search results that show up on the search engine almost instantly. Read on to learn about how they work and how you can use them for your business.
What are Google Ads?
How to Succeed with Google Ads
- Adding links
- A/B testing
- Keeping track of metrics
- Negative word use
- Landing page optimization
2. Get Listed in Google My Business
Your company’s not listed as a business? This is hurting your rank immensely. So, how do you go about getting your company listed as a business?
How to Get Your Roofing Business Listings on the First Page
Optimizing Your Business Listing –
Make sure you complete every step of the profile setup.
Consistency is key.
Update information regularly.
Reviews are a must.
Utilize other directories.
3. Optimize Your Website: Ranking Organically
How to Use Your Website to Get on the First Page of Google
SEO is imperative for your website to be found by the searcher. Therefore, you’re going to want to use search engine optimization tools, to help your website get atop the first page results on Google organically, not only through paid searches.
Determine Your Keywords
- “Roofer near me”
- “Best local Roofing service”
- “YOUR CITY + Roofing”
- “Roofing in YOUR CITY”
Let Google Know What Your Keywords Are
- Titles: You have to include them for each page on your website, blogs, and other content you add
- Meta Description: This is the short blurb that appears below results in Google, the description should describe your company within Roofing to your audience/searcher
- URL: This is what people see when they click on your site. Keep it short, concise, and easy to remember
- Alt tags: These are descriptions of images, and should include keywords and phrases that describe what visitors are seeing on your site.